1. The Real Estate Employers' Federation of Western Australia (REEFWA) nor the Chamber of Commerce and Industry WA (CCIWA) will accept any responsibility for any loss occasioned to any person acting or refraining from acting as a result of material contained in the employment contracts found on the REEFWA website.
2. REEFWA will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss of profits or any damages of any kind recognised by law (even if it has advised of the possibility of such loss of profits or damages) which are the consequence of you:
2.1 Acting, or failing to act, on any information contained on or referred to on this Website, the Content, the Materials and/or any of the External Web Sites; or:
2.2 Using or acquiring, or your inability to use or acquire, any service or product contained on or referred to on the Website, the Contents and/or any External Web Sites.
3. REEFWA is not liable to you for:
3.1 Errors or omissions in the Website, the Content, the Materials or on External Web Sites;
3.2 Delays to, interruptions of or cessation of the services provided in the Website, the Content or External Websites: or
3.3 Any necessary repair, correction or maintenance of any of your computer software or hardware, which may be necessary as a consequence of you accessing this Website or the Content.
4. To the extent that the limitation of liability contained in these clauses is prohibited, you agree that REEFWA's sole obligation to you for any loss, injury, claim, liability or damage of any kind resulting from your access and/or use of this Website shall be limited to the refund of the fees and charges paid to you by REEFWA.
The content on this website is copyright to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Western Australia and the Real Estate Employers' Federation of Western Australia. All rights are reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal or non commercial use only.
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
REEFWA is bound by the National Privacy Principles ("the NPP's") as set out in the Privacy Act 1988.
Privacy and Confidentiality
When an organisation purchases a product from REEFWA we collect the names and job titles of key contacts within the organisation. This allows us to tailor our services to the most appropriate people within the company. These details are used by REEFWA for business purposes only and are not provided to external bodies. Your name and contact details may however, be provided to REEFWA related companies in order to provide you with, or make you fully aware of, the full range of services provided by REEFWA and these related organisations.
If you visit the REEFWA web site to read, browse or download information without logging in, our system will record the date and time of your visit, the pages viewed, the information downloaded and the state from which you have accessed the site. It does not identify you personally. If you log in with your log in number and password, the system will record your name and the company for which you work in addition to the information mentioned in the first point.
This information is strictly confidential and used for internal research purposes only. It helps us track which sections of the site are most popular and gives us a clear idea of what type of information and services to include on our site. It also tells us which members and subscribers are using the site, which further helps us to tailor our online information.
Online Publication Purchases
The REEFWA website offers an online purchasing system for REEFWA publications. Any information you send via these registration forms is kept strictly confidential. The appropriate details are recorded against the company name on our customer database - i.e.:
- address and phone number
- subscriber name (if applicable)
- the name of the publication purchased
- method of payment - i.e. credit card or invoice
- the type of credit card but not the credit card number or expiry date - i.e. - Visa, MasterCard
- the name of the credit card holder
- online registration date
These details are also stored in a secure, password protected back-end database on our website.
If you decide to complete an online application form, we will only collect the information that you enter into the online form if you submit your application. If at any stage you cancel your application or log out prior to submitting your application, the information you have entered to that point will be automatically deleted.
Use and Disclosure of Information
Any information you provide to REEFWA is kept strictly confidential. The content of our customer database is not available in any form to third parties with the exception of third party suppliers used for the purpose of mailing services or market research.
Your name and contact details may however, be provided to REEFWA related companies in order to provide you with, or make you aware of, the full range of services provided by REEFWA and these related organisations.
A formal REEFWA Confidentiaility Agreement prevents third party suppliers from disclosing any of the REEFWA database details to any other party.
How We Handle Email and Facsimiles
We will preserve the content of any email or facsimile that you send us where it is necessary for the effective delivery of our services or where legally required to do so. Where appropriate, we may record your email or facsimile address against the relevant company name on our confidential customer database. The name and email addresses/facsimile numbers of individuals may be disclosed where emails/facsimiles are simultaneously sent to more than one person.
Security of Web-Based Information
REEFWA has taken all reasonable care to preserve the security of personal information submitted via the REEFWA website. REEFWA regularly reviews developments in security and encryption technologies.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Consequently, REEFWA cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. After receiving your transmission, we take the necessary steps to preserve the security of the information in our customer database.
Access to Your Personal Information
Subject to this Policy, individuals are able to access the personal information REEFWA holds about them. A person is able to inspect, take notes of or receive copies or print outs of the personal information held. Requests for access are to be made in writing and proof of identity will be required to ensure that personal information is only provided to the correct individual.
Access to personal information can be declined if:
- the request does not relate to the personal information of the person making the request;
- providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to life or health of a person;
- providing access would create an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the request is frivolous and vexatious;
- the request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings;
- providing access would prejudice negotiations with the individual making the request;
- access would be unlawful;
- denial of access is authorised or required by law;
- access would prejudice law enforcement activities;
- access discloses a "commercially sensitive" decision making process or information; or
- any reason that is provided for in the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) set out under the Privacy Act
Any dispute over the right or form of access to personal information will be dealt with in accordance with the Complaints Procedure outlined at the end of this Policy. REEFWA will endeavour to provide access within 30 days of receiving the written request although the time frame may be shorter where the request is simple or relates to a small volume of information. The following charges will apply to cover costs incurred by REEFWA:
- Photocopying - 50 cents per A4 page
- Provision of electronic database records - 50 cents per A4 page
- Delivery cost of information stored off-site - where information is stored off-site, the cost of obtaining access to the information - $15 per item
What is a privacy complaint?
A privacy complaint relates to any concern or dispute that an individual has with REEFWA's privacy practices as it relates to their personal information. This includes matters such as:
- How personal information is collected
- How personal information is stored
- How this information is used or disclosed
- How access is provided
How will a privacy complaint be resolved?
REEFWA will endeavour to resolve complaints in a timely fashion. Any complaints about privacy should be directed to the Contact Person identified at the end of this Policy. All complaints will be logged on a database/complaints register.
Complaints must be received in writing stating the specific nature of the complaint. REEFWA's Contact Person will be the proper person to discuss or resolve your complaint, however if your privacy complaint is not resolved the matter may be referred to a Senior REEFWA Officer.
The goal of this procedure is to achieve an effective resolution of your complaint within a reasonable timeframe of 30 days or sooner if practicable. Once a complaint has been made, the Contact Person can then resolve the matter in a number of ways:
- Request further information and investigation: REEFWA may request further information from the complainant who will be expected to give as many details as possible including details of any relevant dates and documentation. This will enable the Contact Person to investigate the complaint and determine an appropriate and useful solution. All details provided will be kept confidential. The complaint may be investigated. Where no additional information is required REEFWA, through the Contact Person, will investigate the complaint. It may be necessary for REEFWA to contact others in order to proceed with the investigation and to progress your complaint.
- Discuss options: REEFWA will discuss options for resolution with the complainant. The Contact Person could also suggest other solutions or give examples of how the personal information can be revised or stored in a different way.
- Refer to Senior REEFWA Officer: If your complaint is not resolved by the Contact Person it will be referred to a senior REEFWA Officer. This officer would be provided with the hsitory and may discuss the complaint with the employees, or other parties that are involved.
- Resolution: The complainant will be informed of the outcome of the investigation and the reasons for the decision. If this does not resolve the complaint, the matter may be referred to a mutually agreed intermediary or to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
REEFWA will keep a record of the complaint and the outcome. This record will be properly stored and used by REEFWA for internal monitoring purposes only.
Anonymous complaints will not be accepted as we are unable to investigate properly and follow up such complaints.
However, in the event that an anonymous complaint is received REEFWA will note the issues raised and try and resolve them appropriately. For example, REEFWA may wish to conduct further training or provide assistance in a given area.
For any further information about this policy please contact the REEFWA Privacy Officer on (08) 9365 7510 or email email@example.com
Subscriber Offer Including Charges
Access to the contracts is by log in and password to download the information immediately.
Ongoing email alerts on important information regarding the Fair Work Act will be provided.
A secure payment gateway is provided.
For any information about the refund policy please contact the REEFWA Privacy Officer on (08) 9365 7510 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.